Recovering Supermarket Food to Produce Pet Food Ingredients
In addition to our expanding line of crop nutrition products, CSS is excited to take a step into pet nutrition products. CSS is working to explore the development of ingredients that can be used in palatants and other ingredients in companion animal foods.
Food waste is a $200B+ per year problem and over 40% of all food grown in the US is wasted.
What does this mean for your organization?
- Sustainably sourced ingredients
- Secure Supply Chain
- Competitively Priced
Work with CSS to create palatants, slurries, and treats that are:
- Highly Palatable
- Nutritious, Including Plant-Based Options
- Customizable to meet your needs
CSS’s patented Harvest to Harvest™ technology and input handling has been identified as a compelling solution to sustainably improve pet nutrition – as well as satisfying the quality demands of modern pet parents.
The consumer market for pet foods has been going through significant changes. Consumers are expressing their preferences for purchasing high quality products that improve the health and well-being of their pets. CSS patented Harvest to Harvest™ technology delivers on these demands:
- CSS utilizes only foodstuffs that have been USDA approved for human consumption. This answers the consumer preference for knowing the origin of inputs into pet foods
- CSS protects the “cold chain” from the grocery store to its manufacturing process, ensuring consistent, reliable quality inputs
- CSS’s patented Harvest to Harvest™ technology delivers important value and health benefits to pet foods compared to other pet food ingredients, including:
- CSS Harvest to Harvest™ technology delivers the nutrition from a wide range of healthful fruits and vegetables – a characteristic desired by pet parents
- Improving palatability is key in pet foods
CSS looks forward to providing products that improve the nutrition and health of companion animals as well as satisfying the demands of today’s pet parents.